Thursday, May 21, 2009

oops...










I forgot to do this last week. Sorry! I've also had a host of negative posts.. so I guess it's about time for some postitivity here.
Now for the things I love this week:

★ my Softbank 830SH PANTONE! Yes! I have a Pantone phone! The color, more specifically , is PANTONE 8143, which is one of those metallic pantones. Oh and the box matches, too. The colors are a little off in the photo because of the crappy lighting in my apartment... sorry.

★ 円円円 Getting PAID! - This week I'll get my first paycheck of my first real full-time job ever! how exciting is that?!

★ Speaking of getting paid - Shinsei bank offers their cash cards in 32 different colors! Mine is wine red cocktail; not quite pink and not quite purple. They won the Good Design Award for 05-06 from the Communication/Design Board. Much more exciting than the boring orange bank card that everyone I know in the US has!

家でやろう。 (do it at home.) I want to wallpaper my apartment with these.

TOKYO DAYS - all-day Tokyo metro passes! Not only an awesome money saver but an awesome name, too. I am going to start a band and call it TOKYO DAYS.

★ Getting mail from home. I got a package full of goodies last weekend from my Mom & Dad. It was full of U.S. goodies like microwave popcorn, peanut butter, hand sanitizer and my pink cardigan sweater.

★ speaking of purple colored things. Have I shared my purple teapot yet? If I have, I'll share it again, that's how much I love it. I bought it at a glassware/ceramics shop that is less than a block away from me. It's so cram-packed full of glasses and dishes that I felt like a...bull in a china shop, to use the expression. I love this teapot. I saw it sitting in a pile of terracota teapots. It looked so... lonely.. being the only purple teapot there! below is a photo of the window of the glassware shop. It really is amazing in there.

★ The blog post 10 Beautiful Japanese Fonts by nihongoup. I love Meiryo Gothic, I used it for this blog. I downloaded & installed Anzumoji.

THE PENS. Amazing. Just amazing. I'm so bummed that I can't watch the games here in Japan. I listen on hockeywebcasts.com, and sometimes before I leave in the morning, I can hear it on my itunes radio, but I have to go to school, so I don't usually find out who wins until I get back home.


★And of course. THE PENSBLOG. Best game recaps ever.

3 comments:

  1. Thnx for linking to my article about Japanese fonts, but it's Nihongoup, not nihongroup ^^

    P.S.: Feel free to check out my recently released Japanese learning game at http://nihongoup.com/ ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an unusual teapot! I've never seen anything like it here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Philip - I'm sorry I misspelled the name of your site!!

    Homestay mama - ooh! I was so excited about that teapot.. I love it so much. Japanese teapots ARE kind of unusual-looking.

    ReplyDelete

I screen my comments... but only for safety! If it doesn't show up right away, check back again later! Also, please don't forget to choose an identity (Google ID, Open ID...etc.) to comment as. Thanks!