Thursday, February 25, 2010

Maps ♪

thursday

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are one of my all-time favorite bands. Karen O. is quite possibly one of the coolest people on the face of the entire planet.  This is an acoustic version of ‘Maps’ that I adore…

My OTHER favorite song of theirs is their cover of ‘Diamond Sea.’ It’s so much more desolate than the original Sonic Youth version, and Karen’s voice is lovely, which is why I kind of prefer it. I couldn’t find a good video, so here’s a link to the song that someone was kind enough to put on youtube:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Diamond Sea (iTunes Acoustic Session)

Speaking of Karen O., she also did the soundtrack to the film “Where the Wild Things Are.” I taught this song to my 6th graders (it has a lot of cool things in it, like shouting HEY! and whistling and saying oooh oooh oohh). They really enjoy singing it.

I haven’t done a “Things I love Thursday” post in quite some time.

These are some songs I love. How about you? What have you been listening to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I screen my comments... but only for safety! If it doesn't show up right away, check back again later! Also, please don't forget to choose an identity (Google ID, Open ID...etc.) to comment as. Thanks!