Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Purple Guitar ♪

When I went home for winter break, I was thrilled to be able to pick up my guitar anytime I pleased. Its one of those little things you miss, and is super difficult to do when you don’t have the right tools at your disposal. I always really enjoyed being able to sit and play around campus at PSU as well as a few gigs here and there. I really really really find it quite hard to live without making music somehow. For a while there, the only thing I really had going for me was singing in the shower and well, of course, during English class.

I guess I could have lugged my guitar to Japan with me, but then I would have had to worry about it in the airport…and that’s no fun. The TSA people would have ripped it to shreds thinking there was a bomb inside or I would have had to check it and had it be thrown around in the baggage claim or some nonsense like that. So instead of packing up my existing guitar, I decided just to go ahead and buy a cheap one here. So I found one for sale on the world wide interweb for a ridiculously cheap price, that came with a stand, picks, a tuner and an extra set of strings. Its a 7/8 scale, but I personally don’t mind, since I find many acoustic guitars to be just too darn big and cumbersome for me anyway.

Oh, did I mention that it’s PURPLE?! HOLY CRAP. IT IS!!  Mostly because it is actually a guitar designed for little girls, but whatever, I AM a little girl (well… maybe not little… per...se...) Also, it’s glittery (you can’t really tell from the picture, but it is) Yep. Probably the best guitar ever.

purpleguitarWhat’s even better, is that I’ll have the chance to actually USE this gorgeous purple item!!Yep. It’s that time again. For yet another installment of “Let’s Fighting Love.” Here’s a copy of the classy flyer that Matt designed:

17540_414920545359_814245359_10570559_5252469_nCute, right? Anyhow, I know that most of the people read this blog live simply far too far away to be able to get to this show, but don’t worry about it… I personally think that the cover charge is ludicrous for a show that I’m not even getting paid to play at (nor will my drinks be comped, thank you very much…). I am looking forward to it, though. I’ve already come up with a set list, so don’t even think of making any requests, got it?!

If you’re interested in all as to what kind of music I play, you can always visit my purevolume site where I have some of the things that I’ve recorded uploaded and available for your listening pleasure. Purevolume is really quite nice, it has a good design (aesthetically, I mean. As for functionality, it could use a bit of an overhaul, IMHO) and is a good place for unsigned bands/artists to show their stuff. Plus, it looks a hell of a lot more professional than that myspace music business where all the riff-raff on the internet exist in an aesthetically unpleasing den of inequity.

Ok. That’s all for now. See you at the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I screen my comments... but only for safety! If it doesn't show up right away, check back again later! Also, please don't forget to choose an identity (Google ID, Open ID...etc.) to comment as. Thanks!